|Our services include:
- New Pool Construction
- Equipment repairs
- Free water testing from BioLab's ALEX
- Tile specialists
- Complete parts department
- Upgrade features
- Acid washes
- Lighting and electrical
- Pumps and filters
- Backyard accessories (grills, outdoor BBQ's, etc.)
- Layout and excavation
- Safety equipment
- Weekly maintenance
- Leak detection and repair
The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act, passed in 2007 and in effect as of December 19, 2008, spells out the new safety requirements that must be followed by all commercial & residential pools that are open to the public. It is designed to make swimming pools & spas safer for users and to prevent accidental death/dismemberment because of improper equipment. These are Coastal Pools' solutions to these problems:
Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act specific wording
Download FAQ sheet on VGB (will download immediately)
Main drain replacements
All commercial swimming pools are required to have a VGB compliant main drain installed on all pool and spa main drains. Chances are, if your company has a swimming pool, the main drains are not compliant. Even drains bearing a ASME/ANSI A112.19.8-2007 stamp most likely are not compliant with the new law & new standards of testing required.
SDX retro: This sleek and low-profile 8"-10" main drain replacement can handle up to 197 gpm and is suitable for single and/or double main drain applications. Available in 8 colors.
- Compliant with the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act.
- Available for concrete, vinyl and fiberglass pools and spas
- High Flow Rating for use with large HP or even multiple pumps
- SDX protects against all five recognized forms of entrapment, Body, Hair, Mechanical, Limb, and Evisceration
- Patented design achieves high flow with sixty independent suction points
- Dome shape to prevent a seal with a swimmer
- Exceeds anti-entrapment requirements of: ASME A112.19.8 – 2007, International Residential Code, Section AG106.2 , complies with ANSI/APSP-7 2006
- SDX Retro retrofits to all existing concrete drains up 10”
Pools equipped with a single main drain are required to have an additional level of protection added. Coastal Pools, Inc. has a non-electrical & two electrical options that satisy this need. Coastal Pools recommends that ALL commercial pools install an SVRS unit as the law does not differentiate between pools with a single main drain and pools with a dual main drain in which one drain becomes clogged.
Vac-Alert 2000- a quick and easy way to get a single-drain pool or spa into compliance. It installs in about an hour on most systems and requires no additional electrical wiring!
- The perfect safety solution for every pump that draws water, including pools, spas, fountains, slides and vacuum ports.
- Self monitoring, non electrical and low maintenance.
- Easy to install within thirty minutes.
- Long lasting design features moisture resistant PVC, and stainless steel construction.
- Proven to work - some states such as Texas, North Carolina, and other places like Ontario, Canada are requiring commercial pool owners use equipment like Vac-Alert to retrofit pools and spas.
- Meets all requirements of the International Code Council, both the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC).
- Meets or exceeds all the ANSI/ASME performance standards for safety vacuum release systems.
- 3-year limited warranty ensures reliability.
- Won't damage your pump when tripped.
Intelliflo VS+SVRS - The sister pump to our 2009 product of the year, the Intelliflo VS3050, this little lady is the vision of quietness and efficiency. This pump satisifies your SVRS requirements and can replace up to a 3HP pump. It uses permanent magnet motors like the Toyota Pruis and will save an average of $600 - $1200 a year. The upfront costs is a little more than the other options. The difference is that with its estimated 10-15 year life expectancy & energy-efficiency, it will outlast, outperform, and save thousands of dollars over its life. Our average customers can save $6,000 to $12,000 in 10 years by simply installing this pump!
- Unlike other devices, the built-in SVRS protection cannot be turned off.
- Safety Lock-out feature (password-protected) prevents pump speed settings from being changed by anyone but you.
- For added safety, if the SVRS becomes disabled, the pump will not run.
- No SVRS calibration required—a very simple solution.
- The quietest pool pump on the planet.
- Exceptionally long service life due to motor technology and built-in diagnostics that protect it from the most common causes of premature pump failure—loss of prime, overheating, freezing, and voltage irregularities.
- Ability to adapt to changes in pool equipment—just reprogram to operate new or replacement equipment with the lowest energy use.
- Unique ability to alter the performance of water features—no other pump allows you to adjust features on demand to change the sights and sounds of your poolscape with the push of a button.
Stratum VR1000 VRS- The Hayward Stratum VRS is the only SVRS to both vent the pump suction line to atmosphere and turn off the power to the pump motor.
- Automatic restart in protection mode eliminating nuisance tripping.
- Complete internal system check.
- Directly monitors and reacts to changes in suction outlet systems.
- Meets or exceeds all relevant ASME/ANSI performance standards.
- Installs in as little as one hour.
SR-500 Stingl Switch
Optional remote alarm
SR-500 Stingl Switch- A Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS) which works by monitoring the vacuum on the suction side of the pool or spa pump. When a blockage occurs in the main drain or skimmer a sudden rise in vacuum will cause the SR-500 to shut down pump operation and activate an audible alarm. The pump will remain off with the alarm sounding until manually reset. * Remote alarm available
- Complies with ASME/ANSI 112.19.17
- Meets all current codes and standards for SVRSs on new and existing pools and spas
- Can act as pool controller with programmable timer, or as stand alone SVRS working in conjunction with existing pool controller
- Newest state-of-art NEC microprocessor technology-- guaranteed reliability and performance
- Vacuum monitored 128 times per second -- rapid response and accurate readings
- Power monitored 50/60 times per second -- insures continuous power detection
- Low vacuum sensing - (prevents cavitations or running the pump dry, eliminating costly equipment failure)
- Power back-up – insures settings and reading will be saved (30 minute rapid recharge)
- Turns off pump in milliseconds upon detecting sudden vacuum change
- Multiple audible alarm capabilities – allows for quicker alert to harmful situations
- Installs in as little as one hour.